Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life in a day of an Intern @ Sunway Lagoon

Buffalo Bill Coaster
Hi, my name is Colleta and I am a student from Kenya. I have come to study Hospitality & Tourism in Malaysia. I have been here for almost 2 years now. For my second year, I have applied to be an intern at Sunway Lagoon. As an employee, I get to experience the park as a visitor for a day, free of charge. I have to say, it is one of the best experience I have had on a working day!

Colorado Splash

It was a sunny day, perfect for a day out. So my colleague and I went to experience the park together. We started off at the Amusement Park, riding the Buffalo Bill Coaster, Colorado Splash, Pirate’s Revenge (pirate ship that goes 360 degrees), just to name a few. Then we went to the Scream Park, which is like a haunted house. It was really scary and bizarre.

Bungy Jump
Then we went to the Surf Beach for a dip before proceeding to the Extreme Park for some real fun. We said we had to try the Bungy Jump at least once in our lives. So we tried to calm our nerves, ignore our washing machine tummy and step on the ledge. My colleague went first, she was so scared that they did a count down for her 5 times before she actually jumped. I was really afraid, I closed my eyes, said a prayer and I leapt. The feeling was like flying for the first few seconds and I was screaming obscenities the next. I was so drunk on adrenaline that I felt all tingly afterwards.

G-Force X
To continue to feed our adrenaline high, we decided to ride on the G-Force X. It looks like a slingshot that shoots you 65 metres all the way up into the sky at 120kmph within 2 seconds. My heart leapt and my stomach did a thosand flip flops while I screamed when we plummetted downwards to the ground. At that moment I realize that I am truly experiencing the maximum thrill of riding the G-force as it continued to bounce in mid-air. This is one of asia’s highest and fastest slingshot rides and a must-try for you thrill seekers out there.


Archery

When I am finally stable and have calmed down, we went to try some other Extreme Park games and rides such as the Archery target shooting, the ATV ride and Go-Kart racing. I think I have a natural talent for target shooting. My colleague commented that I must have been a hunter back home in Kenya. I rolled my eyes at her. Since we enjoyed archery so much, the game attendant actually gave us extra arrows. 

Go-Karting

The other thing that I enjoy very much is Go-Kart racing. But my colleague drove really slowly so it’s not much of a challenge for me. I have always wanted to race and not have the fear of ever crashing. So on this day, I was like an F1 racer. I got into the car and knew I was the best of the best as I accelerated away and maneuvered the corners; I was Lewis Hamilton in the making. What a bomb!

The adrenaline rush subsided, so we went for a soak in the wave pool before trying out the slides at the Water Park. We would have gone for another 5 rounds on the Cameroon Climb and African Pythons if we weren’t so exhausted from all the Extreme Park activities. We ended our park experience with a half hour soak in the Wave Pool before hitting the showers and head for home. If only every day at work were like a park visit...

Do drop by for a good time @ Sunway Lagoon. Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment